Last updated: September 25th, 2012.
Here at Woisio intellectual property rights of others is a very important subject. We do not allow any copyright infringing activities and do take serious measures against the people who infringe others’ intellectual property rights. We will remove any content that is in violation without prior notification as soon as we are properly notified by means stated in the Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We reserve the right to penalize the offender, even terminate the offender’s account depending of the severity, frequency and the intention of the offense at our sole discretion.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or used without your consent, please provide Woisio’s copyright agent the information specified below via written communication:
- (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- (iii) Identification of the material (URL(s) of the content(s) would be the most efficient way) that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please e-mail your copyright claim notifications to email@example.com for the fastest possible response.
You can fax your notifications to +1 (877) 778-3223
You can also send your notifications to
2997 East Cobb Pkwy #724256
Atlanta, GA 31139
Keep in mind that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act states that:
“Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents under this section
- (1) that material or activity is infringing, or
- (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification,
shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of the service provider relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing”
So DON’T MAKE FALSE CLAIMS or you may be subject to liability for damages.
If you believe that the content you uploaded was removed in error, or that it does not infringe upon third-party copyright please provide Woisio’s copyright agent the information specified below via written communication:
- (A) Your physical (might be scanned) or electronic signature.
- (B) Identification of the material (URL(s) of the content(s) would be the most efficient way) that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- (C) A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled. (This statement would work as is: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled".)
- (D) Your name, address, telephone number, Woisio username and e-mail address that is associated with your Woisio account and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if the your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection 512(c)(1)(C) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or an agent of such person. (Aside from the name, address and telephone number this statement would work as is: "I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, the judicial district in which Woisio is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant.")
We will only accept counter notifications from the user from whose account the content in question was posted. In order to verify that you are the account owner we may need to send you a confirmation e-mail through the e-mail address that is associated with your woisio account and ask you to validate the counter notification. If we don’t get a response to that validation request then we may not proceed any further with your counter notification.
After we receive your counter notification and validate your identity as the user from whose account the content in question was posted, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement along with all your personal information. By submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way.
After we send out the counter notification, the claimant must then notify us within 10 business days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Woisio. If we do not receive such notification we may reinstate the material and reverse back the effects of our penalizing actions (Reinstate account, reimburse wollars, lift posting bans etc.)
Please e-mail your copyright counter notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org for the fastest possible response.
You can fax your counter notifications to +1 (877) 778-3223
You can also send your counter notifications to
2997 East Cobb Pkwy #724256
Atlanta, GA 31139
Filing a counter notification may lead to legal proceedings between you and the complaining party to determine ownership. So DON’T MAKE FALSE COUNTER CLAIMS and seek legal counsel if you are not 100% sure that you are not infringing the copyrights of others.