Woisio is a cool revolutionary way to consume any type of content online and the “New Kid on the Block”. We at Woisio are thinking 24/7 about ways to make this revolutionary platform’s experience as close to as possible to TV viewing experience.
This means millions of people consuming the same content for the FIRST TIME at the SAME TIME. This brings with it a tremendous risk of exposing millions to inappropriate content before one or two responsible community members are able to flag it and get in the way of poisoning millions that will come after them.
Therefore we have no tolerance, ABSOLUTELY NO TOLERANCE, on users acting in a way that is in conflict with our community guidelines outlined below. If you have any doubts about your comment or content, ANY DOUBTS AT ALL, we ask you not to write that comment or air that content before you get approval from the Woisio community through the tools we’ll introduce as we go down the line.
The simplest way to decide if your content or comment is appropriate, imagine this:
There are millions of people, including children; from all races, religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, all ages, different walks of life across the globe enjoying the content you have aired or the comment you have written. Kind of like the crowd in front of the TV watching the Super Bowl.
Now think if what you are about to air or write is appropriate for that crowd. Not asking you to consider if it is funny or entertaining for all (although it would be smart to do so ☺ ). Not asking you to consider if all of the people would like your content or not. We are simply asking you to consider if your content or comment would be borderline offensive or illegal for some members of the community.
Here are some guidelines we think would be beneficial for you on deciding if your content or comment is Woisio friendly:
- We don’t want to see any pornography or sexually explicit content. Don’t post videos or photos of sexually explicit nature. Don’t write stories or comments that are of sexually explicit nature. Don’t even think about promoting or giving links to that type of stuff. If you still did not understand how intolerant we are on this issue; we’ll report you to and be as cooperative as possible with the law enforcement the minute we see anything illegal coming from your account.
- Nobody wants to watch or read about people attacking/hurting/humiliating animals or other people (actually any life form), dead bodies, disgusting footage from accidents, roadkills, blood, guts etc with their kids (even if some might want to watch it themselves)
- Remember that this is a global platform; it might be bed time for the kids in your part of the world whereas in some other places it might be the best time for kids to be online.
- We don’t want to see any content or read comments about illegal stuff like bomb making, how to steal cars, how to make drugs etc. (you get the idea). If you plan on doing so, just want to remind you once again that we’ll report you to and be as cooperative as possible with the law enforcement the minute we see anything illegal coming from your account.
- Don’t post about, hence promote dangerous and/or illegal acts including but not limited to under-age drinking, drug abuse, acts of violence, incitement to violence, hatred, etc…
- Don’t air anything that you don’t own or have the rights to. Even the sound track you use in the background of your video might be somebody else’s. So please read our copyright section and act accordingly.
- Don’t air anything that invades others’ privacy. Don’t share other people’s personal information without their consent (explicit consent covering the way you use the information on Woisio). Don’t impersonate another person and post content or write comments posing as somebody else either explicitly claiming to be that person or implicitly using a similar username, content or profile visuals, photos etc that would trick users into thinking that you are another person. Don’t want to see stalking, harassment, intimidation, threats. Remember our commitment to work as cooperatively as possible with the law enforcement.
- Absolutely positively no defamatory or libelous material is allowed. Hate speech including but not limited to attacking or demeaning others based on their religion, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Don’t spam; don’t create misleading titles, descriptions, tags or thumbnails in order to lure viewers. Even though you will lose all your woisio credit and with it all your ability to purchase future timeslots and post new content we still don’t want you to post even the initial untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, comments or send messages with the intention to spam.
We are sure that the above guidelines wouldn’t cover everything possible, but we are also sure that you’ll get the idea. Always think about the Super Bowl moment we wanted you to picture in your minds and act accordingly.
Please do follow the guidelines above while you are uploading content or writing your comments and everyone should be happy.
As we stated above due to our revolutionary TV like consumption approach we seriously do not have any tolerance at all on inappropriate content. We are sure Woisio community will keep the violators of these guidelines out of the system with effective use of reviewing and flagging systems; with active support from the Woisio Team working hand in hand with the community 24/7 who will penalize and even ban the violators (depending on the nature and severity of the offense, assigning a considerable weight on the intention) , but if all else fails (or the violation is of an unlawful or a serious nature) we will not hesitate for a second to get the law enforcement involved. Please do not test our commitment to keep the airwaves clean.
If you see any content or comment in violation of the aforementioned community guidelines please do flag it under the appropriate category so we can act fast and stop it before it can do some damage.
If you want to tell us stuff that is not addressed under the flagging system do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com.
Enough with the negative wibe :)
Don’t forget that you as the users have the absolute power in the Woisio community. You get to decide what, when and where a publisher can air with your voting power.
SO USE IT.
If you like what you see and think that it was aired on a relevant stage then up vote it. Reward the publishers for the good and relevant content so in return they can bid for and buy more and better timeslots in order to deliver that type of quality content more frequently.
If you don’t like what you see, or think that it was not related to the stage it was aired on, then make sure you down vote it. This is the only way the publisher would know that either the content was rubbish or he/she aired it on a wrong stage. This would teach the publishers to post better quality content and not to pollute the stages with irrelevant stuff.
If you do not use your powers as the members of the Woisio community, you can never experience the revolutionary premise of Woisio which is; the quality content that is enjoyable and relevant delivered flawlessly to you with limited interaction from you (other than writing comments and being social of course) 24/7. Constant stream of stuff (any stuff) that you want to enjoy right at that moment delivered to your screen without the hassle of searching, going through results, skipping, covering your kids eyes :) until you can quit or skip etc.